Main Component of the Project
201 Seminary Drive
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Parcel Numbers: 043-261-25; 043-261-26; 043-262-03, 043-262-06; 043-401-05; 043-401-10; 043-401-16; 043-402-03; 043-402-06
North Coast Land Holdings, LLC
The applicant, North Coast Land Holdings, LLC, is supplementing its previously submitted Community Plan Amendment request with an application for Master Plan, Design Review, Vesting Tentative Map, Master Use Permit, and Tree Removal Permit approval to allow the redevelopment of portions of the existing Seminary campus. In summary, the following proposed project elements would require the following authorizations:
Community Plan Amendment. An amendment to the Strawberry Community Plan is necessary to modify language in the Community Plan specifically related to the Seminary site.
- The proposed amendment would modify the Community Plan such that the residential unit count would be revised, and the residential units and other site uses would no longer be exclusively dedicated to students, faculty and staff of the site school.
Master Plan and Design Review. Pursuant to Section 22.44.020 of the Marin County Development Code, a Master Plan is required for large-scale development of the site and pursuant to Section 22.42.020 of the County Code, Design Review is required for new construction in a planned zoning district. The following project components require Master Plan and/or Design Review approval:
- Construct a new 20,000-square-foot facility to house a pre-school (3,000 square feet) and fitness center (17,000 square feet).
- Replace a majority of the existing residences and dorm rooms with a mixture of single-family and multi-family residences, and construct new single-family and multi-family residences. A total of 336 residential units are proposed.
- Construct a new, 267,354-square-foot residential care facility that would contain 100 independent living and 44 to 50 assisted living and memory care apartments.
- Renovate the Administration Building and add a total of 15,800 square feet of floor area, resulting in a 41,000-square-foot Administration Building.
- Demolish the existing maintenance building and construct a new 2,200-square-foot maintenance building in a different location.
- Install landscape and hardscape improvements associated with the school campus and the residential development, including parking, playfields and a network of walkways and pedestrian-friendly streets.
- Provide open space (approximately 70-percent of the site) and establish a network of trails throughout the project area.
Vesting Tentative Map. Pursuant to Section 22.84.110 of the County Code, a Vesting Tentative Map application was submitted for future condominiumization of the site.
- While no changes to the existing configuration of lot lines is proposed with the project, the applicant has submitted a request for Vesting Tentative Map approval for future condominiumization of portions of the property.
Master Use Permit. Pursuant to Section 22.49.010 of the County Code, a Master Use Permit is necessary to allow multiple conditional uses on site in addition to the existing educational use.
- Authorize the following uses: (1) a fitness center that would be open to the public; and (2) allow the existing, on-site pre-school to accept children not affiliated with the school dedicated to higher education.
Tree Removal Permit. Pursuant to Section 22.62.020 of the County Code, a Tree Removal permit is necessary to allow the removal of regulated trees.
- Remove approximately 41 healthy, mature, native trees to accommodate the project.