The Green Business Program is a voluntary partnership among business leaders, government agencies and nonprofit organizations. We recognize and promote businesses that...
- Demonstrate continuous compliance with applicable environmental regulations
- Conserve energy, water, and other materials
- Implement sound environmental practices that prevent pollution and waste generation
- Share environmentally responsible practices with other businesses in our community
The Marin County Green Business Program is part of the California Green Business Network developed by Bay Area public agencies in collaboration with US EPA, Cal EPA Department of Toxic Substances Control and the business community, the Program is currently offered in many jurisdictions across the State including all nine Bay Area counties.
Our local partners include MCE, North Marin Water District, Marin Municipal Water District and The Energy Alliance Association.
What does it mean to be a Marin Green Business?
Businesses in over 20 different industries, including auto repair shops, printers, hotels, restaurants, landscapers, wineries, janitorial and laundry services, grocery and retail stores, home remodelers, attorneys, architects, engineers, gift services, and a variety of office and home-based businesses, have successfully met the standards and are now recognized as California Green Businesses. Use the links below to learn more about guidelines for:
View the County's video on What it Means to be a Marin Green Business.
What will the Green Business Program provide for your business:
- Streamlined Environmental Assistance
- Improved Operations through Innovations
- Money Saving Opportunities
Green Business promotions work! Current and new customers will see your business in an earth-friendly, positive light. The Green Business Program will promote your: Environmental Responsibility, Good Business Practices and Community Concern.
By successfully participating in the Green Business Program, your business will receive:
- Use of the California Green Business Network logo
- Listing in the California Green Business Directory
- Profile in the location-based Shop Green app for iOS and Android
- Recognition certificate
- Green Business window decal
- Camera ready art work
- Ongoing promotions through local advertising and public events