All Marin County residents are working together to address climate change. Marin farms and ranches are contributing to improved air and water quality. Bicyclists are commuting to work on bike paths under clear blue skies. Close to half of the vehicles on the road no longer cause air pollution. We grow our food locally and feed those who live here with fresh, healthy produce. Thousands of Marin residents shift to clean energy sources and consume less.
This is our vision for a thriving, equitable, and resilient Marin: MarinCAN.
Marin's climate action hub
We're activists, business leaders, policy makers, and residents. We all have a common goal: cut greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) below net zero emissions by 2045. We aim to be the hub of collaboration for bold climate solutions in Marin County. Learn more about our Board of Directors.
Our mission is three-fold
- Cut greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- Prepare for climate change
- Meaningfully address and integrate equity in our communities
We strive for
- Prosperity, health, and resilience for all
- Collaboration and inclusion
- Fostering innovation and capacity building
- Creating systemic change
- Commitment to equity and diversity
- Supporting and empowering existing organizations to address climate change
Our Strategic Plan
The Strategic Plan is the foundation for our work and vision. Learn more about our Strategic Plan and supporting documents.
Our key solutions
Together, we're working to support local climate change solutions in six focus areas: