Mark your ballot:
- Use black ballpoint pen. No felt-tip.
- Blacken oval like this.
- Do not sign or initial on the ballot.
If you make a mistake or lose your ballot contact the Elections Office: 415-473-6456
See Sample Ballot on the Voter Dashboard for more instructions.
- pick Yes, No, or leave blank.
- pick name(s) you want.
- It’s ok to skip a race or vote for fewer candidates.
- Look at each race and how many votes. VOTE for ONE (1), VOTE for TWO (2), …
- A candidate must apply to be a qualify “write-in”. The Elections Office can give you a list.
- Fill oval next to blank line, write name on line.
Make sure your vote counts!
- Get ballot in on time (see How to vote by mail).
- Sign your return envelope.*
- If you have a disability and can’t sign, ask a person watch you make X in Signature Box. Then ask that person to sign in Witness Box.
*No one can sign for you (no relative or power of attorney).