Mark your ballot:
- Use a dark color ballpoint pen. No red ink. No felt-tip.
- Blacken oval like this.
- Do not sign or initial the ballot.
If you make a mistake on your ballot:
- On the error, draw a straight line beginning at the oval through the candidate's name or YES/No. Fill in the oval you want. Make sure your intent is clear. Do not write your initials next to the error.
If you make a mistake or lose your ballot contact the Elections Office: 415-473-6456
- Pick Yes, No, or leave blank.
- Pick name(s) you want.
- It's ok to skip a race or vote for fewer candidates.
- Look at each race and how many votes. VOTE for ONE (1), VOTE for TWO (2), ...
- A candidate must apply to be a qualify “write-in”. The Elections Office can give you a list.
- Fill oval next to blank line, write name on line.
Make sure your vote counts!
- Get ballot in on time (see How to vote by mail).
- Sign and Date your return envelope.*
- If you have a disability and can’t sign, ask a person watch you make X in Signature Box. Then ask that person to sign in Witness Box.
*No one can sign for you (no relative or power of attorney).