FULL TEXT OF MEASURE C
RESOLUTION NO 2019-34
RESOLUTION OF THE MARIN COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS CALLING FOR A SPECIAL ELECTION TO IMPOSE A SPECIAL TAX UPON PARCELS WITHIN INVERNESS PERMANENT ROAD DIVISION NO. 2 AND ADDITIONAL PARCELS SET FORTH IN THE PETITION FOR THE PURPOSE OF FINANCING IMPROVEMENTS AND ONGOING MAINTENANCE OF ROADWAYS WITHIN THE DIVISION
WHEREAS, this Board has received a petition signed by a majority of property owners within Inverness Permanent Road Division No. 2 pursuant to Street and Highways Code Section 1170; and
WHEREAS, the petition recommends certain improvements and maintenance be performed on the roadways within the division and that an election be held on August 27, 2019 on a special tax to pay for the cost of the work; and
WHEREAS, the petition proposes to levy a special tax of $1,417 per improved parcel and $708 per unimproved parcel per year for 10 years resulting in a total assessment of $566,664. Thereafter, each lot shall be assessed $400 per year for ongoing maintenance, with a provision for an annual increase effective July 1 in accordance with the change in the State of California Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers for the previous calendar year; and
WHEREAS, pursuant to Street and Highways Code Section 1173, when a division petitions for a special tax, the Board shall immediately order the election to determine whether such tax will be levied.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that this Board of Supervisors hereby orders as follows:
- That the parcels as indicated on the map in Exhibit A attached hereto be the parcels boundaries of the Division and that any tax to be levied will be on the parcels set forth in Exhibit A.
- That a special election be called and that the Registrar of Voters conduct said election, and further that the Clerk of the Board post the notice, attached hereto as Exhibit B, calling for a special election of August 27, 2019, and such notice to be posted and published in the manner provided California Streets and Highways Code Section 1174.
- The Measure to be submitted to the voters shall be in the following form:
- MEASURE SUBMITTED TO VOTE OF VOTERS OF INVERNESS PERMANENT ROAD DIVISION NO. 2 FOR APPROVAL OF SPECIAL TAX AND LOAN AND ITS REPAYMENT
- Shall Inverness Permanent Road Division No. 2 impose a special tax on parcels within the Division of $1,417 per improved parcel and $708 per unimproved parcel per year for 10 years and thereafter assess on all parcels $400 per year for ongoing maintenance, with a provision for an annual increase effective July 1 in accordance with the change in the State of California Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers for the previous calendar year.
PASSED AND ADOPTED at a regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors of the County of Marin on the 16th day of April 2019, by the following vote:
President, Board of Supervisors
s/MATTHEW H. HYMEL