Administrative Regulation 16
Employee Orientation on Fringe Benefits and Union Membership
Effective Date: July 1, 1990
This regulation is issued pursuant to Chapter 2.08 of the Marin County Code and has been approved by the Board of Supervisors.
- All new employees or employees changing bargaining units due to promotion, transfer, reclassification, or demotion, will receive orientation by the Personnel Office regarding fringe benefits and requirements of union membership.
- Department heads will be responsible for ensuring that the employees attend such orientation within the first two calendar weeks of employment.
- The Personnel Office shall schedule employee orientation sessions on a regular basis, at least one such session each biweekly pay period. The orientation session shall contain pertinent information regarding benefits and union membership requirements, as determined by the Personnel Director.
- The Personnel Director may delegate employee orientation for some or all classifications within a department to the department head. These orientations shall be conducted in accordance with the procedures and content established by the Personnel Director.
- Employee physical examinations shall be scheduled before the first date of employment. The department head is responsible for scheduling all such physical examinations.