The Payroll Team is responsible for processing payroll for the County of Marin, as well as various special districts.
The main responsibilities of the Payroll Division include:
- Maintaining employee master payroll data including deferred compensation, direct deposits, garnishments, and taxes
- Processing payroll
- Preparing checks and direct deposits
- Posting payroll to the financial accounting
- Reconciling payroll data with general ledger and budget records
- Preparing payroll reports and producing vendor payments for federal and state taxes, benefits, and other deductions
- Issuing W-2 forms to employees
Search the State Controller's Government Compensation database for information on the salary and other compensation for public employee positions in cities, counties and special districts.
Completed forms may be emailed to DOF-Payroll@marincounty.org.
If you have questions, please contact the Payroll Division at 415.473.4135 or DOF-Payroll@marincounty.org.