The Accounting Division provides financial information to the public, other government agencies, and County Departments. This Division prepares the financial statements required by State law, which includes the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, State Controller’s Annual Report of Financial Transactions, and the Countywide Cost Allocation Plan. The Division provides a variety of professional accounting and financial reporting services to County Departments, Agencies, Schools, and Districts whose funds are kept in the County Treasury.
The Department of Finance’s Accounting Division is responsible for a variety of tasks, including but not limited to the following:
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
- Provide information to support fiscal and budget planning
- Monitor expenditures for budget compliance
- Ensure County Departments adhere to appropriate accounting policies and procedures
- Provide technical assistance to County Departments and Agencies to address financial needs