May Mental Health Month Youth Art Showcase
Congratulations to All of Our Youth Artists!
In honor of May Mental Health Month the Suicide Prevention Collaboration Youth Action Team — in collaboration with Health and Human Services, Cultural Services, and Marin County Office of Education — hosted an art and film showcase surrounding mental health and suicide prevention on May 12th. The goal of this event, held at Marin County Office of Education, was to increase awareness and conversations around mental health and well-being within Marin through sharing youth art and perspective.
The showcase featured poems, drawing, films, music, photography and more. We thank all those that submitted art as well as all those who attended. A special thanks to our partners Opening the World, Marin County Youth Commission, The Beat Within, the Poster Contest, and Davidson Middle School/BACR. Please take the time to view our online gallery!
Images and Videos
Use the link below the image to view submissions from the Spring showcase. You can also view films Perspective (struggle and recovery from substance use), the Fire Inside (overcoming anger and despair) and Happy (moving beyond a stressful time) along with the original song her about healing your mental health from various types of trauma.
Prose and Poetry
- The Same Cloth: This poem is about my struggles with self-harm. It relates to hope because the fact that I am still here today and have worked through my issues enough to share them with the world shows that it is possible to get better.
We look forward to planning and hosting the May Mental Health Youth Art and Film Showcase in 2023! It is a very special heartfelt event.
Mental Health Information
If you are concerned about yourself or someone you know, please contact:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-TALK (8255)
- Lifeline Crisis Chat (available 24/7)
- Need help now? Text "MARIN" to 741-741
- BHRS Access Line: (888) 818-1115
All are available 24/7.