Beginning Monday, June 15, 2020, the Assessor’s Office public counter will be available by appointment only. To slow the spread of COVID-19, we respectfully request that our customers continue to observe Marin’s Shelter in Place Order and use online and mail options as much as possible.
Assessor’s Office / Office Visit by Appointment Only – Appointments Available 9am to 3:30pm
Appointments for the mapping division are only available on Monday from 9am to 3pm
- Real Property / Room 208 — Call (415) 473-7215 with Assessment questions or contact.
- Business-Personal / Room 208 — Call (415) 473-7208 or contact us.
electronic calendar to schedule your appointment with the Real or Personal Property divisions of the Assessor’s Office, or you may phone our offices to schedule your appointment.
Please visit our
For Mapping questions, please call (415) 473-5073 or email the mapping division. If an in-person appointment is required, a mapper will set that up with you directly.
The Assessor is responsible for the preparation of the local secured and unsecured Assessment Roll. The official list of all assessable property in the county which constitute the major portion of the ad valorem tax base for local government. The responsibilities included in preparing these rolls are:
- Discover and inventory all tangible property within the county.
- Determine the taxability of all tangible property within the county.
- Value all taxable property as specified under Article XIIIA of the California Constitution (Proposition 13).
Important Notice: The Marin County Assessor’s Office staff is forbidden by California legal codes to practice law or provide legal advice; this prohibition includes giving advice about what forms you might need or how you should fill them out.