Special Exhibitions Proposal Form
Special Exhibitions and Programming Mission Statement
The mission of the Marin Center Exhibits program is to present the work of local artists throughout the year and showcase the diversity and creativity of talent in Marin County.
Marin Center and the Department of Cultural Services are always excited to learn of special exhibitions and programming ideas that might inspire our visitors. Marin Center’s Special Exhibitions and Programming Committee (SEPC) will review all proposals; additional information to clarify or strengthen a proposal may be requested during the review process. Applications for this program are accepted continually throughout the year. Note that the proposal review process can take 2 – 3 months, and that incomplete applications will not be accepted. If selected, we will ask you to enter into a loan agreement, a copy of which can be obtained upon request.
Opening receptions for each exhibit are the responsibility of the organizer. Marin Center staff will provide minimal logistical support.
Exhibits must not include images of nudity or any political statements.
Marin Center focuses on organizing and presenting exhibitions in the following venues. Number of works depends on size and medium.
- Bartolini Gallery: up to 75 works (January – March; April – June; September – October; November – December).
- Redwood Foyer Gallery: 40 – 60 works (January – May; September – December).
- Marin County Civic Center’s 1st and 3rd floor galleries: 80 – 100 works (January – April; May – August; September – December).
Send questions to Libby Garrison.
- Short description of proposed exhibit;
- Artist’s statement;
- five images of your work (either printed or digital).
How to Submit Materials
Fill out the form, below.
‐ or ‐
Mail materials to:
- Libby Garrison
- Marin Center
- 10 Ave of the Flags
- San Rafael, CA 94903