Reservations and Permits

Plan a celebration or special event in a beautiful outdoor location.

group reservations

Picnic, Court, and Ball Field Reservations

Reserve a picnic area at one of these scenic Marin County parks. Advance reservations are required for groups of 20 or more. Use permits may also be required. Tennis/pickleball courts, soccer, and softball fields are also available for reservation at McInnis. 

  • Hal Brown Park at Creekside
  • McInnis Park
  • McNears Beach Park
  • Paradise Beach Park
  • Stafford Lake Park 

Click below to make a site reservation online. If you need assistance with a reservation, you can contact or call (415) 473-6388.

Parks Special Events

If you are planning an event that meets any of the criteria listed below, you must consult with Parks staff and submit required applications and documentation 90 days to one year in advance of the event date.

  • Exceeds the capacity of a single group reservation site; or makes use of multiple sites in a park at the same time.
  • Sells tickets, food, beverages, or merchandise; has commercial sales of any kind.
  • Will have amplified sound of any kind.
  • Will set up additional amenities outside a reservable site.

Read Special Event Permit Policies PDF and download the Special Events Application PDF. Parks may approve or deny an application based on site availability, public safety, or other considerations. Email park permits or call (415) 473-7608 to discuss a proposed event, and begin the application process.

special parks events
Scout troop hiking in open space preserve

Group Visit and Special Use Permits

Parks: any group of 20 or more gathering at any park that does not accept online reservations must obtain a permit in advance. This includes groups visiting Agate Beach Park. Read the Parks Special Use Permit Conditions PDF.

Open space preserves: any group of 15 or more visiting an open space preserve must apply in advance for a permit. Examples include a scout troop hike or a school group outing. Read the Open Space District Special Use Permit Conditions PDF. Due to the sensitive ecosystems in open space preserves, not all applications are approved.

Email Park Permits or call (415) 473-7608 to discuss special use permit applications and fees. 

Commercial Use Permits

Professional dog walkers: Commercial dog walking is not allowed without an approved permit. Permit applicants must provide a permit application, business license, insurance certificate, additional insured endorsement, and other documentation is required, as well as attend a meeting with Parks staff. Learn more about applying for a commercial dog walker permit.

Business use: Any for-profit use of a Marin County Parks property requires the advance permission of Marin County Parks. An individual or organization conducting business in any Marin County park must apply in advance for a commercial use permit and pay applicable fees. Examples include paid sports coaches, kayaking outfitters, and other businesses.

Commercial film and photography: This activity is not allowed without an approved permit.

Call (415) 473-7608 for more information about commercial use permits.

commercial use