Social Media Responsibility Guidelines
By participating in any of our County-sponsored social media sites, you must adhere to our social media policy and posting guideline here. You are taking personal and full responsibility for your username, your posts, and any information provided. Your posts will be retained and may be subject to the California Public Records Act or to discovery under pending litigation.
While this is an open forum, posts will be subject to immediate removal if they contain:
- Profane language or content;
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination of protected classes;
- Sexual harassment content;
- Solicitations of commerce or advertisements including promotion or endorsement;
- Promotion or endorsement of political issues, groups or individuals;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content intended to defame any person, group or organization;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party, such as trademark or copyright infringement;
- Making or publishing of false, vicious or malicious statements concerning any employee, the County or its operations;
- Violent or threatening content;
- Disclosure of confidential, sensitive or proprietary information;
- Advocating for alteration of hours, wages, and terms and conditions of employment at Marin County (applies to County employees only).
Users will be notified of any content removal. Repeat violators of this policy will be subject to being banned from all future posts.