Health and Human Services —
Many HHS offices are open to the public, but staff will continue to provide services remotely when possible for safety reasons. Please call ahead if you have an appointment or require in-person assistance.
Important HHS phone numbers:
- Non-medical questions about COVID-19 including County-specific information: (415) 473-7191 | COVID-19 Website | COVID-19 E-mail. Hours of Operation: weekdays 9:30 a.m. to noon, 1-5 p.m.
- Adult Protective Services: (415) 473-2774.
- Skilled Nursing/Assisted Living Ombudsman: (415) 473-7446.
- Child Protective Services: (415) 473-7153.
- Public Assistance Call Center (Medi-Cal, CalFresh, CalWorks): (877) 410-8817 or visit c4yourself.com.
- General Relief: (415) 473-3450.
- Behavioral Health and Recovery Services Access Line: (888) 818-1115.
- For information on resources and services specifically for older adults (persons 60+), persons with disabilities and family caregivers, call 415-473-INFO ((415) 473-4636) or email 473-INFO@marincounty.org.
HHS employees are on the front lines of the local COVID-19 response, committed to the mission of promoting and protecting the health, well-being, safety and self-sufficiency of all Marin residents. Employees are either directly supporting the emergency response in areas such as public health or are committed to continuing to provide critical social, health and behavioral health services, following state, federal, and international guidelines. Many electronic and telephonic services are available for the public, and residents should consider conducting conversations over the phone or contacting HHS by email when possible. HHS created a phone hotline, (415) 473-7191 (CRS 711), and an online contact form, for residents to contact staff with questions or concerns about the virus and about the county and community response. The call center is open from 9:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 5 p.m. weekdays, and interpreter services are available.