San Rafael, CA – If you live in a district holding an election, your chance to vote on local measures and candidates for local offices will come on November 5, and a few key dates are coming up.
The Voter Information Guide will be mailed to local voters starting September 26.
Candidates will vie for open town/city council seats in Fairfax, Novato and San Anselmo. Local measures will include Reed Union School District Measure E, Town of Fairfax Measure F and Town of San Anselmo Measure M. Detailed information about measures is found on the Marin County Elections Department website
Voters should be aware of these important dates:
- September 26: Voter Information Guide/Sample Ballot booklets mailing starts
- October 7: Mailing of vote-by-mail ballots begins and voting begins in Elections Department weekdays 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- October 21: Last day to mail voter registration form
- October 22-November 5: Register and vote in the Elections Department
- October 29: Applications for a vote-by-mail ballot must be received by the Elections Department to fulfill the request by mail. After this date, voters wishing to vote by mail must get a ballot in person at the Elections Department.
- November 5: Election Day
- Polls open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Elections Department open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. for registering and voting by mail
- Vote-by-mail ballot envelopes must be signed and postmarked on or before this day
- Voters can drop their vote-by-mail ballot (in its signed envelope) at the Elections Department or any polling place by 8 p.m.
Check the Voter Information Portal online for information about your registration status or call 415-473-6456. Follow the Elections Department on Facebook.