The Department of Elections is calling on high school students across Marin County to volunteer as Elections Ambassadors, serving as a critical link between our department and Marin high school students, your peers.
Application 2018-19 to be completed and submitted
on or before September 10, 2018. A mandatory training session will take place at the Elections Department, 3501 Civic Center Dr. room 121, San Rafael, CA 94903 on September 12, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to show leadership skills.
- County-wide recognition.
- Civic participation as you play an important role in your local community.
- Participate in a training session at the Elections Department, 3501 Civic Center Dr. room 121, San Rafael, CA 94903 on September 12, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
- Pre-register, register, and sign-up students to serve as poll workers.
- Organize your own voter registration event at your school.
- Display posters and advertise other elections information around your school.
The department will ensure that you have all the resources and tools to carry out voter drives at your high school, pre-registering and registering high school students, while also encouraging peers to volunteer to work at the polls.
Gain community engagement experience as you promote civic engagement and awareness in the electoral process.
One of the most important institutions in our democracy is our elections system which entrusts individuals with the power to select the representatives of our government, in addition to the ability to voice their opinions on local and state propositions.
On behalf of the County of Marin Elections Department and the Marin County Office of Education, we are proud to announce the High School Elections Ambassador Program. This program will choose two students from each high school across Marin County. Students who participate will serve as a crucial link between the Elections Department and their peers.
The High School Elections Ambassador Program has three main objectives:
- To pre-register sixteen and seventeen-year-old high school students in Marin County who meet the applicable criteria, and register high school students in Marin County who are eligible to vote.
- To expand the Marin County Department of Elections High School Poll Worker Program to reach more students and increase participation.
- Highlight the importance of youth engagement and participation in local, state, and federal elections.
The Elections Department and the Marin County Office of Education will ensure that students have all the resources and tools to carry out voter drives at high schools, pre-registering and registering high school students, while also encouraging peers to volunteer to work at the polls. Student ambassadors will gain community engagement experience and, if approved by the school, earn volunteer hours as they promote civic engagement and awareness in the electoral process.