High School Elections Ambassador Program
The Department of Elections is calling on high school students across Marin County to volunteer as Elections Ambassadors, serving as a critical link between our department and Marin high school students, your peers.
- Organize your own voter registration event at your school where you will pre-register and register your peers to vote.
- Sign-up students to serve as poll workers on Election Day.
- Display posters and advertise other elections information around your school.
- Check-in with the Elections Department at the end of the program and provide feedback to complete the program and receive community service hours.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to show leadership skills.
- County-wide recognition.
- Civic participation as you play an important role in your local community.
- Community service hours (if approved by your school).
The department will ensure that you have all the resources and tools to carry out voter drives at your high school, pre-registering and registering high school students, while also encouraging peers to volunteer to work at the polls.
Gain community engagement experience as you promote civic engagement and awareness in the electoral process.
Watch this short video to learn more about the program
One of the most important institutions in our democracy is our elections system which entrusts individuals with the power to select the representatives of our government, in addition to the ability to voice their opinions on local and state propositions.
On behalf of the County of Marin Elections Department and the Marin County Office of Education, we are proud to announce the High School Elections Ambassador Program. This program will accept students from any high school in Marin County. Students who participate will serve as a crucial link between the Elections Department and their peers.
The High School Elections Ambassador Program has three main objectives:
- To pre-register sixteen and seventeen-year-old high school students in Marin County who meet the applicable criteria, and register high school students in Marin County who are eligible to vote.
- To expand the Marin County Department of Elections High School Poll Worker Program to reach more students and increase participation.
- Highlight the importance of youth engagement and participation in local, state, and federal elections.
The Elections Department and the Marin County Office of Education will ensure that students have all the resources and tools to carry out voter drives at high schools, pre-registering and registering high school students, while also encouraging peers to volunteer to work at the polls. Student ambassadors will gain community engagement experience and, if approved by the school, earn volunteer hours as they promote civic engagement and awareness in the electoral process.