MARIN COUNTY ELECTION ADVISORY COMMITTEE
2018 Proposed Objectives
PURPOSE: As a link between the public and the Registrar of Voters, provide feedback, information, and advice about engaging with and educating the public to maximize voter confidence and election integrity.
Objective 1-Election Integrity and Voter Confidence
Continue advisory role in the process of replacing the voting system.
- Members of the Election Advisory Committee will serve on the subcommittee.
Objective 2—Voter Outreach
Provide feedback about outreach efforts to offer voter registration in underserved communities
- Support events associated with National Disability Voter Registration Week and National Voter Registration Day.
- Identify ways to measure registration rate (percentage of eligible voters who register to vote) and turnout rate (percentage of registered voters who vote) by racial and socioeconomic demographic group to measure the success of outreach efforts to underserved communities.
Objective 3—Voter Education
Provide feedback about voter education efforts
- Review voter information guide, handouts and website for clarity to build voter confidence.
- Review language materials.
- Review legislation and new laws.
- Suggest ways to educate voters about their voting options, including vote by mail and tracking their ballot online.
- Suggest speakers from specific community groups to talk about voter education.
- Discuss ways to involve the media, such as using Community Media Center of Marin, Novato T.V. station, radio stations and podcasts.
Objective 4—Election Advisory Committee
Suggest ways to expand diversity on the Elections Advisory Committee
- Continue efforts to recruit EAC committee members from underserved and youth populations by working with community leaders.