What Jurisdiction Do You Live In?

Rosemarie Gaglione, Director, Public Works

The Jurisdictions for Marin County

Knowing which local government agency’s jurisdiction you live in can help expedite any assistance you’re seeking and provide direction for a wide range of questions. Marin County is comprised of 11 incorporated town and city jurisdictions, and 456.89 square miles of unincorporated area under the jurisdiction of the County of Marin.

To find out which Marin County Supervisor's district you live in, please use the District Lookup application.

Need to reach Caltrans (state maintained road issues), PG&E (utilities inquiries), WildCare (animal concerns) or Marin Humane (animal services)? Jump to the agency contacts section.

To Determine Which Jurisdiction You Live In Please Follow These Steps

  1. Visit Marin Map (the page sometimes takes a few minutes to load)
  2. Click the blue “I want to…” button.
  3. Click the first option: “Search by Address”.
  4. Type your address into the box labeled “Address”.
  5. Click the “search” button.
  6. The information associated with that address will be displayed on the left column next to a map of the property area.
  7. Take note of the jurisdiction associated with that property.
  8. Find your jurisdiction contact from the agency list below:
Jurisdiction Address Phone
City of Belvedere 450 San Rafael Avenue
Belvedere, CA 94920
(415) 435-3838 (Administrative Office)
(415) 435-4111 (Department of Public Works)
Town of Corte Madera 300 Tamalpais Drive
Corte Madera, CA 94925
(415) 927-5050 (Administrative Office)
(415) 927-5057 (Department of Public Works)
Town of Fairfax 142 Bolinas Road
Fairfax, CA 94930
(415) 453-1584 (Administrative Office)
(415) 458-2370 (Department of Public Works)
City of Larkspur 400 Magnolia Avenue
Larkspur, CA 94939
(415) 927-5110 (Administrative Office)
(415) 927-5017 (Department of Public Works)
County of Marin 3501 Civic Center Drive
San Rafael, CA 94903
(415) 473-6358 (Administrative Office)
(415) 473-6528 (Department of Public Works)
City of Mill Valley 26 Corte Madera Avenue
Mill Valley, CA 94941
(415) 388-4033 (Administrative Office)
(415) 384-4800 (Department of Public Works)
City of Novato 922 Machin Avenue
Novato, CA 94945
(415) 899-8900 (Administrative Office)
(415) 899-8246 (Department of Public Works)
Town of Ross 31 Sir Francis Drake Boulevard
Ross, CA 94957
(415) 453-1453 (main line)
City of San Rafael 1400 Fifth Street
San Rafael, CA 94901
(415) 485-3070 (Administrative Office)
(415) 485-3355 (Department of Public Works)
City of Sausalito 420 Litho Street
Sausalito, CA 94965
(415) 289-4100 (Administrative Office)
(415) 289-4106 (Department of Public Works)
Town of San Anselmo 525 San Anselmo Avenue
San Anselmo, CA 94960
(415) 258-4600 (Administrative Office)
(415) 258-4616 (Department of Public Works)
Town of Tiburon 1505 Tiburon Boulevard
Tiburon, CA 94920
(415) 435-7373 (Administrative Office)
(415) 435-7354 (Department of Public Works)
Agency Address Phone
California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)

District 4: Jurisdiction over Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma.

Oversees highways and state roads, such as Hwy 37, Hwy 1, Manzanita Park & Ride.
111 Grand Ave
Oakland, CA 94612
(510) 286-4444
Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E)

Street Light Outages
Yard Safety & Tree Management
Multiple locations. Find the one nearest to you. (866) 523-8386 (Street Light Outages)
(800) 743-5002 (Power Outage Info)
(800) 743-5000 (Vegetation Management)

Offers information, education and services regarding animals.
This includes animal medical services for sick or injured wildlife and public resources/services for a variety of wildlife concerns.
76 Albert Park Lane
San Rafael, CA 94901
(415) 453-1000 (Administration)
(415) 456-7283 (Wildlife Hotline)
Marin Humane Society

Full range of animal services, including public inquiries concerning sick, injured, dead, or rabies-suspect wildlife.
171 Bel Marin Keys Blvd.
Novato, CA 94949
(415) 883-4621