Illicit Stormwater Discharge

Rosemarie Gaglione, Director, Public Works

Report Stormwater Pollution and Creek Violations

To report a hazardous materials spill or discharge or other emergency, please call 911. Also, call 911 if pollution is significant and/or an imminent threat to the health of a local waterway.

To report pesticide misuse, call the Marin County Department of Agriculture, Weights and Measures: (415) 473-6700.

To report creek or creekside vegetation destruction, habitat destruction, fish kills, or poaching call the California Department of Fish and Wildlife: (888) 334-2258.

Scroll down to report a spill or illegal discharge to a storm drain, creek, or other waterway using our online form. If you’re witnessing a non-emergency spill or illegal discharge now, call your local stormwater coordinator during normal business hours or call your local law enforcement agency’s non-emergency line after normal business hours.

In most cases, only clean rainwater may enter the storm drain system, including storm drains, curb inlets, underground pipes, streets, driveways, roads, gutters, and ditches. Help protect our local waterways by reporting spills and illegal discharges to storm drains.