Marin Community Currently Regulated Construction Sites
• Since 2003 Marin has implemented the Phase II permit including construction site performance standards
• Local ordinances require landowners and construction site operators to control construction site runoff and protection of water quality
• Recent changes to the Phase II permit require changes to local construction site controls
• An important change affects the Erosion and Sediment Control Plans for existing and planned projects
Projects Disturbing Over 1 Acre or More of Soil
• State of California’s Construction General Permit requires Construction General permit coverage by filing a Notice of Intent (NOI) to comply.
• Subject construction activity to this permit includes clearing, grading and disturbances to the ground such as stockpiling or excavation
• Does not include regular maintenance activities performed to restore the original line, grade or capacity of the facility
• Requires Development of a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan prepared by a Qualified SWPPP Developer (QSD)
• Submit Notice of Intent (NOI), Risk Assessment, Site Map, Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan and Annual Fee prior to the start of construction.
• Implement a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan with a Qualified SWPPP Practitioner (QSP) or QSD.
• Projects that prepare a SWPPP required by the State Construction General Stormwater Permit can submit their SWPPP in-lieu of the Erosion and Sediment Control Plan required by local stormwater program requirements.
• More information about the Construction General Permit is at the State Water Resources Control Board's web site .
Post Construction Permit Requirements
• Certain size projects install bioretention facilities to treat the urban runoff
• If the construction project includes these treatments, please be familiar with the stormwater construction checklist in the project's Stormwater Control Plan
• The BASMAA Post Construction Manual provides information on these projects and Appendix B contains a generic construction checklist for the bioretention facilities