FEMA Flood Information and CRS Program

Rosemarie Gaglione, Director, Public Works

The County of Marin administers the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and the Community Rating System (CRS) Program for unincorporated areas of Marin County.

Land Development engineers can provide one-on-one information regarding the FEMA mapping of the Special Flood Hazard Areas (SFHA) at the Public Permit Counter, located in the Marin County Civic Center, Room 308 or via phone at 415-473-3755. The engineers are available to determine if your property is located in a Special Flood Hazard Area and answer questions about flood maps, flood zones, base flood elevations (BFE), flood protection, and flood insurance. Staff is also available to perform site visits and provide information on flood protection and reducing flood risk.

For flood information within town or city limits, please contact the community directly.


Contact Information

Public Works
Land Development Counter

Marin County Civic Center
3501 Civic Center Drive, Suite 308
San Rafael, CA 94901
Phone: (415) 473-3755
TTY: (415) 473-3232
Email: DPWLandDevEngineer

Important Links