The mission of the Marin County Probation Department is to further justice and community safety, and to hold offenders accountable while promoting their rehabilitation.
These values and principles represent a shared vision of our department and how we serve the public.
- Personal and professional integrity, growth and development
- Respect for each person's individuality, experience and contributions
- Awareness of and respect for cultural diversity
- Empowerment through communication, collaboration and cooperation
- Individual and organizational competence, fairness and accountability
- We believe people can change and we can be instrumental in assisting in that change
- We protect the community through the use of evidence-based practices, emphasizing rehabilitation, accountability and community justice
- We continuously strive to reduce the impact of crime and conflict on victims and the community
- We respect the dignity of every individual
- We are committed to ongoing learning, to personal and professional development and to making use of our individual and collective experiences
- We function as a cooperative team, emphasizing ongoing communication, both internally and in conjunction with other departments, agencies, our partners and stakeholders
- We promote personal productivity, health, and balance in a safe, supportive and respectful working environment in support of the Department’s Mission
- We are committed to continuous evaluation and improvement of our programs, practices and interactions