Marin County Superior Court —
Adult Offender Work Program Instructions
You have been sentenced to serve time in the Marin County Jail and have requested to satisfy that requirement by participation in the Adult Offender Work Program (AOWP).
- Submit your application. Please submit your application here: https://portal.marin-aowp.com/
- Appear in Court for your remand date. Once your application has been approved, you will be booked and released to complete your days on AOWP. If you have not completed the procedures, then you will be remanded into jail to serve the entire sentence. Failure to appear will result in a “no bail” bench warrant being issued and there are additional sanctions for failing to appear at your remand date.
- The work assignment will start after your application has been processed and approved. If the original remand/jail date changes at all you must notify the AOWP office immediately, as documentation will be distributed to the jail with the former date. Failing to communicate remand date changes may result in serving unnecessary jail time or issuance of a warrant.
- Complete AOWP Service. You will be scheduled workdays on AOWP and you must show up and complete the work days. If you do not complete the workdays AOWP will terminate your case, and the Court will order you to complete the total or the balance of your sentence in custody and/or a bench warrant will be issued.
- If you change your mind and no longer desire to serve your jail time with AOWP, but rather in custody, notify the AOWP office immediately.