Welcome to the County of Marin Benefits Homepage. We offer a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and retirement savings. To learn more about the benefits offered to employees, please refer to the 2018 Open Enrollment Guide.
Open Enrollment for 2018
Open Enrollment for 2018 starts Monday, October 16, 2017 and ends Monday, November 13, 2017 at 4:30pm. Changes made during Open Enrollment will be effective on December 31, 2017. All changes and required documentation must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:30pm Monday, November 13, 2017. Forms not received by the deadline will not be processed, no exceptions. This includes forms mailed but not delivered to the Human Resources Department by the deadline.
During Open Enrollment you can:
- Change your County of Marin medical plan
- Add eligible dependents to the medical, dental and/or vision plan
- Remove dependents from the medical, dental and/or vision plan
- Cancel your existing medical coverage by completing a Waiver of Participation
- Enroll in a County of Marin medical plan if you currently waive coverage
- Apply for supplemental life insurance
Why is Open Enrollment Important?
Open Enrollment is the only time you can make changes to your health benefit elections, unless you have a “qualifying event”. That means once you have made your elections during the Open Enrollment period, no changes can be made unless you have a qualifying/life changing event such as marriage, divorce, birth, etc.