NOTICE: COVID-19 and TAX PAYMENTS
- Tax collection is not being affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.
- April 10 remains the last day to pay property tax 2nd installments without penalty.
- For public health reasons, we discourage personal visits to the Civic Center and urge residents to pay property taxes online, by phone or by mail.
- Pay online or by phone by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, April 10, 2020
- Pay by mail postmarked by Friday, April 10, 2020
- Marin County Tax Collector
P. Box 4220, San Rafael CA 94913
Payment Methods Accepted
The Marin County Tax Collector offers electronic payment of property taxes by phone
1 (800) 985-7277. Accepted credit cards:
Find your Secured property bill number Find your Unsecured property bill number
Warning! Telephone payments can take as long as 7 days to be reflected online. However, your payment is recorded at the exact date and time you complete your transaction.
Service fees apply to all credit/debit card transactions.
- Credit and debit card transaction fees are 2.35% of the total transaction amount; the minimum service fee is $1.49.
- There is no fee for an electronic funds transfer (EFT).
NOTE: The service fee is retained by the Service Bureau, not Marin County. The fee will show as an additional charge on your next credit card statement and all credit card information is transmitted via a secure channel and cannot be viewed by any third party.
You may also pay by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) using your checking account.
Tax Collector Information
Office Hours: 9:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Mailing Address: PO Box 4220, San Rafael, CA 94913
Office Location: Marin County Civic Center, Room 202, San Rafael, CA 94903
Billing Inquiries: (415) 473-6133