COVID-19 Application for Penalty Waiver
If you do not want to submit your request online, please print the Request for Penalty Cancellation PDF form and mail it with your tax payment to this address:
- Marin County Tax Collector
- ATTN: Penalty Cancellation
- P.O. Box 4220
- San Rafael, CA 94913-4220
Penalty Cancellation Instructions:
- A separate Request for Penalty Cancellation is required with each tax installment.
- Complete the Request for Penalty Cancellation form using online option or paper form.
- Attach supporting documentation that clearly supports your request (required).
- Submit tax payment with Request for Penalty Cancellation before May 6, 2021.
- Expect notification from the Tax Collector about the status of your Request within 30 days.
Penalty Cancellation Decisions:
- Penalty cancellation decisions will be based on the parameters outlined in the Governor’s Executive Order N-61-20 and the State Controller’s guidelines.
- Requests for Penalty Cancellation must be submitted with payment to be considered.
- Property taxes that first became delinquent before March 4, 2020 are not eligible for penalty cancellation.
For questions related to Requests for Penalty Cancellation, please contact the Tax Collector’s office at (415) 473-6133 Monday – Friday 9:00-4:30, except holidays.