Booking Information and Policies
- Marin Veterans’ Memorial Auditorium and Showcase Theater: Per performance 8am-5pm or 5pm-12 midnight (whichever applies). The same time period applies to rehearsals, meetings and religious services.
- Exhibit Hall: 7am-1am. If an event in the Exhibit Hall requires the set-up of more than 25 exhibit booths, or any other extensive set-up, rental for a set up day will be mandatory. When the Showcase Theater, Manzanita Room, Friends of Marin Center Conference Room or Kitchen is used in conjunction with an Exhibit Hall event, the 7am-1am time period will apply.
- Manzanita Room and Friends of Marin Center Conference Room: The time period for all events will be 8am-5pm or 5pm-12 midnight, unless rented in conjunction with an Exhibit Hall event.
- Fairgrounds and Lagoon Park: 7am-8pm. Large events may require a set-up day.
- Overtime Charges: Overtime charge is $50 per half-hour beyond contracted time period, or fraction thereof, for the Friends of Marin Center Conference Room, $160 per half-hour beyond contracted time period, or fraction thereof, for the Showcase Theater and Manzanita Room, and $212 per half-hour beyond contracted time period, or fraction thereof, for the Exhibit Hall, Marin Veterans’ Memorial Auditorium and Fairgrounds.
Performance is defined as a contractually stipulated rental period in any day when any of the facilities are used for an event attended by persons other than the participants. Performance is also defined as the use of the facilities for the purpose of recording, filming or televising of an event for a commercial purpose.
Rehearsal or Set-up
Rehearsal or set-up is defined as a contractually stipulated rental period in any day when any of the facilities are used for a purpose not defined as a performance. The terms “rehearsal” or “set-up” shall include, but are not limited to, the use of the facilities for rehearsals, moving in or out of equipment and preparation of the facilities for performance of the event. There is no charge for set-up, rehearsal or take down on the day of performance. All performance events will have booking priority over rehearsals. Rehearsal times may be changed by the County with fourteen (14) days notice.
Recording or Taping
Permission to tape or record must be requested by letter to the Event/Rental Manager. This letter must state the purpose for which the taping or recording will be used and the user must hold the County of Marin, its officers and employees free of any encumbrances or responsibilities resulting from said recording or taping.
Assignment of Dates and Deposit
Marin Center’s Scheduling Procedures Include Two Steps:
Step One: Application
In order to hold a specific date(s), users are required to submit a completed Rental Application and deposit. Users will be sent a Rental Application; this application should be completed and returned with the rental deposit within ten (10) days. If the completed application and deposit are not received within ten (10) days at the Marin Center office, the dates will be released without notice.
Non-refundable deposits are due as follows:
- Marin Veterans’ Memorial Auditorium: $500 per day.
- Showcase Theater: $250 per day.
- Exhibit Hall: $500 per day.
- Fairgrounds and Lagoon Park: $500 per day.
- Showcase Theater: $250 per day.
- Manzanita Room and Friends of Marin Center Conference Room: Entire rental fee.
The Director may require additional deposit monies when extraordinary janitorial services or damages to the facility are a possibility. The Director may deny the scheduling of events when, in his opinion, the event may have the potential to cause cancellation of other events due to excessive cleaning or repair time.
Step Two: License Agreement
A License Agreement, which the user signs prior to their event, authorizes use of the Marin Center facilities.
Unless booked on short notice, license agreements are ordinarily sent ninety (90) days before the event date. License agreements and base rental payments are returned within ten (10) days after receipt of the agreement. If not returned by that date, the event is subject to cancellation without notice. Additional expenses (equipment rental, International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees I.A.T.S.E. stagehands rates, Marin Center Box Office, ushers, labor and clean-up fees, etc.) are deducted at the time of Box Office settlement, or billed to the user following the event.
The Director reserves the right to require the base rental payment and all expense monies from a user:
- New, first-time users of the Marin Center facilities may be required to pay all expense monies (box office, stagehand, ushers, etc.) at the time of receipt of the License Agreement.
- If sufficient monies are not held by the Marin Center Box Office to pay all expense monies (box office, stagehands, ushers, etc.) fifteen (15) business days prior to the event date for ticketed events, user will be required to pay all expense monies prior to the event date.
- Payments made less than thirty (30) days in advance of an event shall be cash or a cashier’s check.
- A signed License Agreement and base rental payment are required before release of publicity or advertising and use of the Marin Center readerboard.
- When authorized by the Event/Rental Manager, a date may be tentatively held for forty-eight (48) hours. However, if the date is requested by another prospective user, the original applicant will be so notified and given twenty-four (24) hours to sign a License Agreement.
- A two (2) year booking guideline is the policy for all events in all facilities. Any event scheduled beyond a two-year period will be considered tentative.
- Principal sponsors of multiple-date events in the Exhibit Hall, Marin Veterans’ Memorial Auditorium or Fairgrounds in any given year shall have the first option for reservation of the corresponding days of the week in the following year for the same event. Users need to request the Rental Application for the following year’s reservations within ten (10) calendar days of the conclusion of the current year event.
Contact the Event/Rental Manager to confirm the corresponding dates for the following year, as weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) and holidays shift chronologically from year to year - corresponding dates are not the identical chronological days of the year, corresponding dates are generally the corresponding weekends of the following year.
Telephone Numbers – Marin Center
- Technical Coordinator: Tony Taubert (415) 473-6399
- Event / Rental Manager: Dick Daley (415) 473-5034
- Marin Center Box Office: Chris Haeuser (415) 473-6800