We Need Your Input!
Drawdown: Marin is becoming a nonprofit organization. This new nonprofit will partner with the County to effectively implement the Drawdown: Marin Strategic Plan.
We’ve formed a working group made up of Drawdown: Marin Executive Steering Committee members and a member of our Equity Task Force. They will assist County Staff to develop necessary documents and those documents will be posted for public review. See below for important milestones and opportunities to engage in our process!
We are currently seeking public input on our Board Member Selection Criteria.
- Begin legal formation of nonprofit and launch working group
- Seek community input on Board Member Selection Criteria and Vision and Values
- Seek Board of Supervisors approval to form nonprofit, allocate additional County staff time for support, and fund the nonprofit and implementation of the Strategic Plan
- Community Board Member Recruitment: Call for applicants! Key Responsibilities and Board Member Application posted online
- Select 9 community members to serve as Board members; begin recruitment for 8 remaining Board Members (Agency/Local Government/Elected Officials)
- Select 8 remaining Board Members
- Finalize legal formation of nonprofit with Federal and State governments
- Hold first Drawdown: Marin Board Meeting
Board of Directors
We are in the process of recruiting new Board Members to sit on the first Board of Directors. The Board will be made up of 17 individuals representing the Marin County community.
Who are the Board Members?
We are starting with the community and will select 9 community members. After they are selected, we will recruit 8 additional members from various local agencies, organizations, and local governments.
How will we select Board Members?
The working group developed draft selection criteria. The criteria was developed after review of similar criteria from a variety of Bay Area and U.S. nonprofits. The working group and County Staff will evaluate all applications received using this criteria.
Persons interested in serving on the Board of Directors should review the selection criteria, key responsibilities, vision and values, and bylaws before applying.
Documents for Review and/or Input
- Board Member Selection Criteria (draft)
Share your thoughts on the selection criteria we will use when selecting the new Drawdown: Marin Board of Directors. Review the Draft Selection Criteria by 5/31/2021 and submit your comments to Drawdown: Marin. If you have accessibility needs, please contact us by email.
- Board Member Application (coming soon)
- Board Member Key Responsibilities (coming soon)
- Drawdown: Marin Vision and Values (coming soon)
- Drawdown: Marin Bylaws (coming soon)
Drawdown: Marin is working with independent legal counsel to form the nonprofit.
Drawdown: Marin (County Staff) will seek initial seek funding (amount to be determined) from the Marin County Board of Supervisors in Spring 2021. Drawdown: Marin continues to seek grants and other funding sources to support implementation of the Drawdown: Marin solutions, equity initiatives, and community engagement around climate change and implementation of the solutions.
Contact Drawdown: Marin.