Stream Conservation Area Ordinance
Stream Conservation Area Regulations for San Geronimo Valley.
New Stream Conservation Area (SCA) regulations for the protection and health of all perennial, intermittent, and ephemeral streams are in effect for the San Geronimo Valley. These rules protect habitat for the endangered coho salmon and steelhead trout.
- Read this Fact Sheet to learn more about the SCA regulations.
- Apply these required Standard Management Practices (SMPs) to your project if it is located in the SCA.
- Include a Site Assessment with your permit application to determine the location of the SCA.
- Read this Landowner Resource Guide to see answers to frequently asked questions about the stream regulations.
- Use this Application Form to request a point of sale property inspection for compliance with the SCA regulations.
- This Map shows the boundary area of the San Geronimo Valley, where the SCA regulations apply.