The project is a proposal to perform the following work on a residentially developed 25,246 square foot lot (22,466 square feet is dry land) on the ocean side of the Seadrift Subdivision of Stinson Beach:
- Construct a new roof, replace all windows and doors, replace siding and construct 64 square feet of additions onto an existing 2,375 square foot single-family residence. The 64 square foot residential addition would be located in a recess of the great room on the ocean side of the residence. The location of the home on the site would not change. The height of the home would remain at approximately 30 feet above mean lower low water (MLLW), although the height of the new roof at the addition would increase approximately 3.5 feet to 29.88 feet above MLLW (12 feet, 6.5 inches above surrounding grade);
- Remodel the existing 1,031 square foot detached accessory structure (guest house and 1-car garage) with a new roof, and demolish the garage portion of the structure (approximately 380 square feet) resulting in a 650 square foot structure. The remodeled “guest cottage” structure would have a height of 12 feet, 4 inches above surrounding grade, a finished floor elevation of 15.0 feet mean lower low water, and roof ridge elevation of 26.75 feet above mean lower low water. The remodeled “guest cottage” structure would be located 6.5 feet from the easterly side property line, 45 feet from the northerly front property line, and 34 feet from the westerly side property line;
- Construct a new 437 square foot detached garage. The proposed garage would reach a maximum height of 11 feet, 4 inches above surrounding grade, a finished floor elevation of 12.27 mean lower low water, and roof ridge elevation of 23.46 mean lower low water. The proposed development would have the following distance from the property lines: 25 feet from the northern front property line, 6 feet from the western side property line, 7 feet from the eastern side property line and approximately 100 or so feet from the southern rear property line;
- Remove concrete flatwork outside of the building envelope and construct a 6-foot tall fence along the side property lines and through the front yard area; and,
- Construct a new septic system to serve the residence.
The proposed development would result in a total building area of 3,527 square foot, a total floor area of 3,090 square feet and a floor area ratio of 13.8 percent.
Coastal Permit is required because the project is located within the Coastal Zone; Design Review is required because the project is in a planned zoning district. Per the architect’s calculations, the depreciated value of existing improvements is $2,087,775.00 and the construction cost estimate of work within the VE zone is $875,000.00.
Zoning: C-RSPS (Residential, Single-Family Planned Seadrift Coastal Zone)
Countywide Plan Designation: C-SF5 (Coastal Single-family, 2-4 units/acre)
Community Plan (if applicable): Stinson Beach Community Plan