Main Component of the Project
Residential Addition/Accessory Structure
28 Wolfe Canyon
Kentfield, CA 94904
Parcel Number: 071-102-19
28 Wolfe Canyon LP
The applicant is proposing to construct several new retaining walls associated with the development of a single-family residence on a developed lot in Kentfield which consist of the following:
- A retaining wall ranging in height up to 7.3 feet located at the driveway to partially extend beyond the front property line and into the public right-of-way along Wolfe Canyon Road.
- Several retaining walls ranging in height up to 12.6 feet to accommodate the planter boxes and bio-retention area north of the carport.
- A retaining wall 13.2-feet high on the north side of house.
- A high retaining wall 8.6-feet high at the east (rear) of house.
- A retaining wall ranging in height up to 9.7 feet to accommodate the stairs to the rear (east) of the house.
The walls are proposed to be comprised of cast in place concrete.
The application also requests a Tree Removal Permit for 5 healthy native protected trees. In addition, 9 non-protected healthy trees, 10 exempt trees, and 1 fallen/dead tree are proposed for removal.
Pursuant to Section 22.54.045, Design Review approval is required for proposed retaining walls which vary from the height requirements because they are greater than 4 feet in height and up to almost 14 feet in height above grade.
Zoning: R1-B2 (Single-family Residential, 10,000 sq. ft. minimum lot area)
Countywide Plan Designation: SF5 (Single-family, 2-4 units/acre)
Community Plan (if applicable): Kentfield Community Plan