The applicant requests Sign Review approval to install the following signs at an existing McDonald’s in Mill Valley:
- Two internally illuminated yellow “M” arch logos, measuring 14 square feet in area (28 square foot total).
- Two internally illuminated white “McDonald’s” signs, measuring approximately 26.5 square feet in area (53 square foot total)
- One drive-thru canopy, measuring 10 feet, 8 inches in height, and 8 feet, 8 inches in width, with a “Drive-Thru, Clearance 9 feet” sign atop. The proposed sign measures approximately 15 square feet in area.
- One canopy, measuring 11 feet, 5 inches in height, 9 feet, 4 inches in width, with a small “Order Here” sign atop.
- One “Pay Here” and one “Pick Up Here” drive-thru sign, measuring 2.5 square feet in area (5 square feet total)
- Three internally illuminated ground mounted directional signs, measuring four feet in height, 1 foot 11 inches in width.
Sign materials include painted acrylic, aluminum, and pvc board. Colors include yellow, white, and gray.
Sign Review approval is required due to the number of signs and sign area, and because the project entails free standing, illuminated signs as outlined in Section 22.60.020.A.2.
Land Use Info:
Zoning: BFC-CP (Bayfront Conservation Combing District, Planned Commercial)
Countywide Plan Designation: GC (General Commercial / Mixed Use, F.A.R. = 0.10 to 0.20)
Community Plan (if applicable): Strawberry Community Plan