Participating at a Board Meeting
If you have questions about how to participate in a Board of Supervisors’ meeting, how Board meetings are conducted, or how to contact your Supervisor regarding a specific item on an upcoming Board of Supervisors’ agenda, please take a moment to watch this short video (click on image below).
How to Comment on Agenda Items
In compliance with local and state shelter-in-place orders, and as allowed by Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-29-20, until further notice the Board of Supervisors’ meetings will not be providing an in-person meeting location for the public to attend. Meetings will be streamed live at Meeting Page and members of the public are encouraged to participate remotely as described below.
Members of the Board of Supervisors and staff may participate in meetings electronically or via teleconference.
How to provide comment on agenda items:
Before the meeting: email your comments to BOS@marincounty.org Please email your comments no later than 3:30 P.M. the Monday before the Tuesday Board meeting to facilitate timely distribution to Board members. Please include the agenda item number you are addressing and your name and address. Your comments will be forwarded to the Board of Supervisors and will be placed into the public record.
During the meeting: please join us using your telephone:
- Dial: (669) 900-6833
- Meeting ID: 947 4251 8384 #
- Attendee ID: #
- Password: 352533 #
You will hear "You have joined the meeting as an attendee and will be muted throughout the meeting." During public comment time, you will have an opportunity to speak.
Timing for public comment:
- General comments on items not on the agenda can be shared during "Open time for public expression."
- Comments specific to a particular agenda item must be expressed while the Board is considering that agenda item. Toward the end of the Board and staff discussion on an item, the President will ask for public comment.
- To let the meeting moderators know you wish to make a comment at that time, press *9.
- If you miss the public comment period, please email your question or comment to the Board of Supervisors, or contact the Supervisor for the area where you live.
If you would like to submit public comment in between meetings, or would like more information about how to participate, please see our 1-pager for more information: