Dennis Rodoni was born in Marin County, where his family has resided over four generations in the Point Reyes area. For over twenty-five years he and his wife Judy have lived in Olema, where they raised their two daughters. Dennis now shares this intimate community, beautiful environment and rich family history with a fifth generation--his two very busy grandchildren.
Dennis has a deep understanding of Marin County; he attended Inverness School, West Marin School, and Tomales High School. In order to continue his education, he attended Chico State University where he earned an honors degree in economics. After graduating, Dennis taught at a high school in Australia where he met his wife, and later together they moved back to Marin to his home community.
After spending several years as a teacher and over thirty-eight years running a small business as an infill homebuilder and custom home remodeler, Dennis was able to step into his position as Marin County District 4 Supervisor in January of 2017 and jump into action as an effective leader.
Besides having a personal history in Marin, Dennis has gained a wide breadth of experience, knowledge and understanding of Marin through countless hours of community service and volunteer work. He was well respected throughout his 21-year tenure as a Director of the North Marin Water District (first elected in 1995 and re-elected six times).
Dennis has served on the boards of many community and governmental organizations, including:
- Director, North Marin Water District
- Vice President and Design Review Chair, Point Reyes Village Association
- President, Marin County Special Districts Association
- Chair, Point Reyes National Seashore Association
- Chair, Coastal Health Alliance
- Chair, West Marin Senior Services Assisted Living Facility Committee
- Member, Golden Gate National Recreation and Point Reyes National Seashore Advisory Committee
- Member and Vice Chair, Marin County Local Agency Formation Committee (LAFCO)
- Chair, Sonoma County Water Advisory Committee for the Sonoma County Water Agency
- Director and Treasurer, Tomales Bay Association
Supervisor Rodoni is currently serving on numerous committees, commissions and boards, including Transportation Authority of Marin (TAM) and Golden Gate Bridge, Highway & Transportation District (GGBHTD); see full listing here.
For his service to the community, Dennis has received the following acknowledgements & awards:
- The “Mount Vision Award” from Coastal Health Alliance
- The “West Marin Senior Services Award” for leadership on the Assisted Living Facility
- The “Sis Arndt Award” for Protection of the Tomales Bay Watershed
- The “Department of Interior Partners in Conservation Award” for the Giacomini Wetlands
- Accommodation: Resolution of Appreciation from North Marin Water District for 21 years of service
Dennis continues to enjoy the challenges working as representative of District 4, the largest and most geographically diverse district in Marin County. Find out more about Dennis’ current projects and accomplishments.