Administrative Regulation 6
Reimbursement of Moving Expenses
Effective Date: July 1, 1990
This regulation is issued pursuant to Chapter 2.08 of the Marin County Code and has been approved by the Board of Supervisors.
- This policy is aimed at improving Marin County's ability to recruit and hire well-qualified employees by providing for the partial payment of moving expenses for new County employees under the conditions specified below.
- Reimbursement of moving expenses will be authorized in those instances where it is necessary to employ well-qualified candidates who would otherwise not accept employment with the County.
- Expense Reimbursement Procedure
- The County Administrator may authorize reimbursement of not more than 50% of the costs of moving, not to exceed $3,000 in any one case. If an employee leaves County employment prior to completing one full year of employment, such employee will reimburse the County for all moving expenses paid by the County.
- Costs covered by this policy include direct moving costs, such as moving van, rental trucks, related moving equipment, and mileage fees for the truck or van used. Indirect costs such as storage fees, repairs, lodging, etc., are not reimbursable.
- Advance authorization in writing from the County Administrator is required. Payment will be made when receipts or other evidence of costs incurred are received and verified by the Auditor-Controller.
- Available resources within the department's budget will normally be used as the source of funding for moving expenses.