Marin County Civil Grand Jury
The Civil Grand Jury is the only independent "watchdog" investigative body in Marin County. Our job is to monitor the performance of local government and make recommendations which can save taxpayers' dollars and improve services. We do thorough investigation of officials suspected of misconduct or potential government inefficiencies. These investigations follow complaints submitted by individuals. Please visit our How to File a Complaint webpage if you would like information about filing a complaint.
Each spring our Superior Court Judges review applications from qualified citizens who wish to serve on the Grand Jury. Once the jurors and alternates are identified, they are sworn in and begin serving their one year term on July 1st.
the most effective
citizen action group
you've never heard of
Open House Schedule
Attend an Open House to learn more about the Marin Civil Grand Jury, have your questions answered, and consider applying.
- Thursday, March 9, San Rafael Community Center, 618 B St.,San Rafael, 7pm
- Monday, March 13, Novato Public Library, 1720 Novato Blvd., Novato, 2pm
- Monday, March 20, Marin YMCA, 1500 Los Gamos Drive, San Rafael, 7pm
- Tuesday, March 21, Bel Marin Keys Community Center, 4 Montego Key, Bel Marin Keys, 2pm
- Monday, April 3, Mill Valley Community Center, Forest Room, 180 Camino Alto, 2pm
- Monday, April 10, Central Marin Police Authority, 250 Doherty Drive, Larkspur, 4pm
the marin county civil grand jury - "citizen action that works!"